On March 14, 2022, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee upgraded its Case Management/Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) System (CurrentGen) to the Next Generation of CM/ECF (NextGen). This upgrade provides users with several benefits including Central Sign-On, which allows e-filing attorneys to use one PACER login and password to access any NextGen court (district, appellate and bankruptcy) in which they practice.
- Log into Manage My Account
- Select the Maintenance tab
- Select Attorney Admissions/E-File Registration
- Select Court Type: “U.S. District Courts”
- Select Court: “Tennessee Middle District Court”
- Select type of registration you wish to apply for:
- E-File Registration Only
- Pro Hac Vice
- Federal Attorney
- Complete all sections of E-File Registration and submit
New to NextGen CM/ECF? - What You Need to Do
Attorneys must have their own PACER accounts. Shared PACER accounts will no longer be useable. If you already have your own PACER account, then proceed to Step 2.
Firms may set up a PACER Administrative Account to help manage attorney/limited user accounts and have those individual accounts centrally billed for PACER access fees. Complete information regarding PACER Administrative Accounts (PAAs) can be found here:
- NextGen CJA Exempt Status Instructions
- CJA Navigating between NextGen and CurrentGen CM/ECF
- NextGen Activating CJA Privileges
A: Upgraded PACER accounts have usernames with at least 8 characters. If your username is 6 characters, you do not have an upgraded account.
Do not rely upon your login information being saved in your web browser. It will be lost and not recoverable once the court goes live with NextGen. If you do not know your CurrentGen User ID contact the TNMD CM/ECF Help Desk at 615-695-2888. If you know your User ID but need to reset your password, you can do so here:
For any other questions, please call the TNMD CM/ECF Help Desk at 615-695-2888.
What Happens Next?
Questions About NextGen