- $400.00 filing fee
- $505.00 for appeal to Court of Appeals (one check to Clerk, U.S. District Court)
- No fees for cross, counter, or third-party complaints.
- No other initial "court costs" as in state court.
- $0.50 per page for copies - to request copies, please email the Clerk's Office at email@example.com
- $11.00 for certified copy (plus $.50 for each copy involved).
- $47.00 to register an out-of-district judgment.
- $231.00 for Attorney Admission.
- $19.00 for Certificate of Good Standing - to request a certificate of good standing, please email the Clerk's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $38.00 for Appeal of Misdemeanor conviction entered by Magistrate Judge (if defendant not pauper).
- $100.00 per Attorney for pro hac vice.
- $31.00 for records search.
For retrieval of one box of records from a Federal Records Center, National Archives, or other storage location removed from the place of business of the court, $64. For retrievals involving multiple boxes, $39 for each additional box.
$53.00 for any check returned for lack of funds.
$5.00 for filing fees for habeas corpus.
$31.00 for Audio Recording.
$22.00 for exemplification of any document.
Check Acceptance Policy:
Except as provided herein, personal or business checks are accepted only from attorneys and employees of attorneys, law firms, law students and the press. (All checks & money orders should be made payable to the Clerk, U.S. District Court). Personal checks are not accepted for criminal bonds, which require cash, a money order or a cashiers check. Personal checks are accepted for criminal fines and special assessments.